Sunday, November 11, 2018

Acknowledgement

I've been thinking a lot lately about the people who truly helped me along my journey with anxiety. The people who actually led me to get help were those who didn't try to change my point of view. Here is what I have realized:

  • They accepted that there was something wrong, listened to me as I explained my feelings, and allowed me to feel what I was feeling.
  • They offered help when asked, not in an unsolicited manner.
  • They continued to invite me, even when I flaked out at the last moment, knowing the real reason behind my actions was anxiety and not something negative.
  • They made me feel like I was lovable, the opposite of how so many others led me to feel.
  • They were THERE when I needed them.
  • They gave their TIME.
As I've thought about this, I came across a short video on grief that truly struck me. Because a lot of my anxiety is rooted in grief. Grief of never having children, grief over my failures, grief over my imperfection, grief of so many other losses. I hope you take a few moments to watch!



So, with that said and shared, I invite you to take time this week to ACKNOWLEDGE. Don't try to fix. It's OK for people to feel! Allow it, acknowledge it. This is how we learn to move forward, by accepting and moving on. Here's a *FREE* print to help you remember this principle:

This is a FREE printable for you to use FOR PERSONAL USE ONLY.
Right click and save, then print as a 10" x 8" print.

Thanks for stopping by today, friends! I hope to be back again soon with more insights and sharing. I appreciate your walk with me on my journey. Please feel free to share in the comments below topics you would like to discuss or questions you have! Until next time, sending peaceful wishes!

No comments: