Tuesday, December 31, 2019

Overcome to Become: Reading More, Gaming Less


Hi, friends! Welcome to another post about how my 2020 theme is helping me to adjust my life and *hopefully* become a better disciple of Christ. In this post, I will share with you about what I've chosen as a focus for this year to go along with my theme, as well as how it came about. So, let's go!

Aren't husbands wonderful people? Ok, so you might not feel that way ALL the time, but I hope you feel it MOST of the time! After praying and asking for guidance on how to overcome this year, I received an answer by way of an invitation from my husband. The invitation was to join our local library's 2020 reading challenge! He and I spent time looking for books to fit each category and I am SO excited!


I LOVE to read, but I find that at the end of the day it is easier to plug in or watch something instead of reading. This challenge will help me overcome the issues I have with spending too much time on technology playing games or watching programs. I'll still do those things, just less. My recharging time will also help me learn and grow. I am SO excited!

The scripture verse that comes to mind as I work on this portion of overcoming this year is Doctrine & Covenants 90:15:

"...study and learn, and become acquainted with all good books..."

Yep, I can do more of that this year! If you'd like to follow along with my progress, click HERE to see my growing list of books read in 2020!

Thank you SO MUCH for stopping by to read my blog today! I love to hear feedback, so share with me good books that you think might fit into the categories of the #ReadICT 2020 challenge! I hope you have a wonderful rest of your day and take some time to read something inspiring! I'll be back later, but until then, go forward with faith!

No comments: