Sunday, November 18, 2018

Gratitude Journaling

Hello, friends! I'm back today to share a tool that has helped me as I deal with my anxiety. I'm sure a lot of you have heard of this before, as have I, but I didn't realize how powerful it would actually be in my life. The tool is called a gratitude journal. 

What is it? It's a place where you write down things you are grateful for! Easy peasy! I use my phone to read my weekly scripture and journal within my scripture app. Some people choose to journal in a notebook. Some people keep a blog. Whatever you want to do, it will work. That's the beauty of this tool--it is completely personalize-able!

Why does it work? Part of the issue with anxiety is that is causes you to dwell on the negative. When you are purposeful about looking for the positive and try to focus on gratitude, you start to rewire your brain. I've been doing this every day for the past 3 1/2 months, and it has been paramount in helping me to change my mindset!

Here's this week's *FREE* print to go along with this idea.
This is a FREE printable for you to use FOR PERSONAL USE ONLY.
Right click and save, then print as a 8" x 10" print.

So, this week's challenge, which is PERFECT because Thursday is Thanksgiving, is to start some sort of gratitude journal. Make it simple. Make it do-able! I hope you share what happens here in the comments! Until next time, sending peace, love, and hugs to all!


No comments: